Monday, July 16, 2012

The Friendly Skies, Not So Much - Addendum





OK so to finish the story, I had an eventful trip back from Seattle. You can read the previous post  here.

The final flight landed at 2:37 am ET. This was 11 hours after my originally scheduled landing time.  Not that it eased my pain, but United sent me an email while I was in the air saying that the flight had been delayed.  Thanks a lot!

It took about an hour for my bags to clear Baggage Claim and about thirty minutes to get out of the parking lot.  By then it was after 4 am, and the normal motels in Manassas were full.  I ended up checking into what I'm pretty sure was the Bates Motel in Front Royal at 5am.  I slept until checkout time.  Then I got up and drove home. 

But I am fine.  Now fully rested, I have three due process hearings on the agenda  this week. 

3 comments:

  1. That's what really the downside of experiencing some tough luck when traveling lining in a domino effect of frustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you got home safely, and it’s a bummer there were so many inconveniences along the way... perils of modern transport, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Hillel and Sarah.

    Thanks,

    JG

    ReplyDelete