Now you may notice that the topic of this post definitely relates to my upcoming interview of Dr. Alexa Posny, the new Assistant secretary of Education. Unfortunately though the poll will not finish before the interview so I won't be able to utilize the results at the big interview.
Image via Wikipedia
I have whittled down your suggestions concerning changes to IDEA to the most popular ten. Here are the choices:
- Raise the Bar for FAPE
- Give Expert Witness Fees to Prevailing Parents
- Expand Role/Mission of OSEP
- Restrict Comp Ed/Reimbursement as Remedies
- Place Burden of Persuasion on School Districts
- Increase Transition Rights
- Allow Arbitration and More Mediation
- Assess Children with Disabilities at Instructional Levels for AYP
- Expand and Encourage Response to Intervention
- Regulate Seclusion/Restraints
Please tell me what other changes you would like to see. IDEA will eventually be reauthorized - lets get our list together. Given our high level of credibility, I feel that we are being listened to by those who will be making the changes.