Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Odds & Ends; Tech Update

Nederlands: Linked In icon
 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
English: A stack of copy paper.
(Photo credit: Wikipedia)
































Your reaction to my 2012-2013 caselaw outline has been overwhelming.  Thank you.  One question that many of you have asked concerns the purchase price.  The price of the outline is $295.00 and I have made arrangements to receive payments PayPal (which includes a credit card option). The 259 page outline is available as a .pdf file and it is searchable (at least on my computer.) If you would like more information about this very cool research tool please email me at jimgerl@gmail.com.

Other stuff: One of the great things about doing this blog is that I get to meet some great people.  One is Professor Mark Weber who teaches at DePaul Law School and who is one of the real thinkers in special education law.  Mark recently sent me copies of his last two published law review articles both of which were mentioned in this blog. The final version of his article defending IDEA due process hearings includes an acknowledgement of me for contributing my ideas to the article. The acknowledgement is most generous especially in view of the very limited feedback that I gave to him. Thanks Mark.

In tech news: Occasionally people ask me what is the best way to read the blog?  Well the answer is which ever way is best for you.  I recommend that you take a free subscription on the lefthand side of the blog. You can subscribe by email or have the posts appear via RSS feed in a reader or aggregator. Other folks follow our posts on Facebook or read the headlines via Twitter.  Some follow our microblog on Tumblr. Some people just bookmark or follow this blog directly. Others read the posts on LinkedIn. You should also check out our Special Education Law Group on LinkedIn which now has over 16,000 members.  Lots of good discussions and activities.  Links to all of these things are available on the lefthand side of the blog.

Also available on the lefthand side of the blog are all sorts of useful resources.  There are YouTube videos of me being interviewed by CADRE.  There are links to the law and regulations, an information clearing house, CADRE, our LinkedIn group and many other sites that special ed stakeholders may find useful. Please check it out and let me know what you think. There is a wealth of goos information there.

If you know of other resources that you'd like to see mentioned here, please let me know.  We do not promote websites that favor one side or the other; we are impartial here!  

No comments:

Post a Comment