Friday, August 6, 2010

Utah Conference Was Outstanding

Great Seal of the State of UtahImage via Wikipedia



The 2010 Utah Institute on Special Education Law was another outstanding conference. The second leg of my summer tour was a big success. For one thing, I got to renew a bunch of old acquaintances. For another, I met some readers of this blog for the first time. Thanks again for introducing yourselves.

I also really enjoyed working with the Utah hearing officers and mediators. I got to do the training of these folks this year and, as always, I really enjoyed working with them. My fellow hearing officers and mediators see the world from a perspective that is a bit different from the advocates for either side. I'm glad that I got to spend some time with them.

The sessions were packed full of information and the conference materials should be a valuable resource. As usual, some of my favorite moments involved conversations with my colleagues in more informal settings. You know who you are.

I'll have more on the substantive sessions from the Utah and Wyoming conferences in coming weeks.

The Utah Institute is a great conference. If you ever get a chance, please attend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment