Monday, June 28, 2010

Jim Gerl's Idols 2010 Tour- the Quest for a Name Continues

Close up of Yamaha Rock tour Custom badge.Image via Wikipedia

As regular readers know, my summer speaking tour still has no name. Summer is upon us and as most of you already know from the classic rock song- there ain't no cure for the summer time blues!

Seriously though, a number of you have already said you will greet me during one or more stops of my tour. I hope more of you will do so. I always like to meet the readers of this blog. Please stop me and say hello if you will be at any of my conferences.

Here is the schedule (for the back of the T-shirts- hint hint):

I have made a semi-permanent gadget on the left-hand side of the blog which states where I will be and includes registration links where available. PLEASE NOTE: none of the state departments of education or other agencies or sponsors of these conferences in any way endorse this blog. My comments, here and elsewhere, are my own and should not be taken to represent the views of the sponsoring organizations or any other entity. (That was what we call a disclaimer; there is a purpose for lawyers.)

From July 27 - 29, 2010, I will be at the Wyoming Special Education Leadership Symposium in Lander, Wyoming. I will be part of a panel discussing least restrictive environment issues; I will give a paired presentation with the highly regarded Julie Weatherly ( a big honor for me) on educational benefit and I will be doing a solo session discussing dispute resolution options.

I will attend the Utah Institute on Special Education Law on August 2 - 3, 2010 at the Eccles Center in Ogden, Utah, and I will do a (non-public) hearing officer/mediator training the next day.

From August 30 - September 1, 2010, I will be at the Arizona Special Education Directors Institute in Litchfield Park, Arizona. I will do repeat presentations on the role of the non-attorney advocate in IEP team meetings and due process hearings.

I will for the sixth straight year be a part of the faculty at the National Association of Hearing Officials Annual Conference from September 26 - 29, 2010 in Music City, Nashville, Tennessee. I will be presenting on the prehearing process and on ruling on objections.

Please book your trip now.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete