Monday, December 15, 2008

News Widget: New Bells & Whistles


I keep experimenting with the gizmos on the left-hand side of the blog. My goal is to make it as useful as possible for the wide variety of stakeholders who read the blog. Please let me know if you have suggestions for other items that would be helpful, and don't be afraid to tell me what you do not like as well as what you do like.

One of the new gadgets is a special education news widget. It should be white in color with blue letters (I think.) Thanks to the Council for Exceptional Children for making it available. It is a collection of headlines about special education from around the country. If you are interested in one of the headlines, click on it in order to be taken to the whole story. Granted not many of the items relate directly to legal issues, but I know that readers are interested in non-legal issues as well.

Another new feature is the "get my blog as a widget" button. It should be orange in color (I hope) and right after the subscription options. If you have a blog or other website and you would like to have a widget for this special education law blog on your website, click on the button and follow the instructions. I believe that on your website, it would work and look something like the special ed news widget described in the last paragraph.

Also I have added a new poll. Just below the photos of me as a hearing officer, the new poll asks what trait is most important for a hearing officer. This new poll seeks further information in pursuit of my "what makes a good hearing officer" notion. I'll be interested in your answers.

Enjoy the new stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment